Getting to Know You Question
1. What food do you love that people may think is a little odd?
Sermon Questions for Discussion
2. In the garden, the first sin wasn’t the temptation to not eat food, but the temptation to not believe that God has our good in mind. Trusting God is an issue that scripture talks a LOT about. Give a short testimony or recall a biblical example of a time that God worked for your good and proved himself trustworthy.
3. Discuss Paul’s idea that freedom is not the ability to do anything you want. Instead, doing whatever you want is actually slavery. Possibly explain what Paul is saying by using examples in life or scriptural examples. Discuss what true biblical freedom looks like.
4. With the freedom that Paul discusses in Galatians in mind, why do you think God ask us to fast?
5. If you’ve fasted in the past, talk about your experience - the good, the bad, the frustrating, the reward, how God met you, etc.