Dear Upper Room Family,
Like us, you've probably been following the news giving the latest updates and information regarding the coronavirus situation in Ohio. As of yesterday, Governor DeWine made statewide orders closing public and private schools for three weeks as well as banning large gatherings of 100 or more. Although exemptions were made for religious institutions, we, like many other churches, want to use wisdom and care well for our families, even if it means doing things a little differently.
So, with prayer and study and discussion, we've decided to cancel our church gatherings from this Sunday, March 15th, until further notice. We will be watching and planning closely and will keep you updated at least weekly on where the Upper Room stands in the midst of this coronavirus outbreak. There will be multiple areas available to you for update: Realm, Instagram, Facebook, and our website, urfellowship.com. As well, we encourage you to be regularly visiting cdc.gov (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) and coronavirus.ohio.gov (updates on Ohio) for information regarding the status of the virus in Ohio.
In the meantime, here's where we're at presently:
* We're not meeting this week for church.
* The Men's Chili Cook-off will be postponed for a later date.
* While our physical doors are closed, we're working on ways to bring the Upper Room to you! That'll come with more updates!
* Since you're unable to give tithes and offerings during the Celebration Service, if you would like to continue to tithe and give, you can send a check in the mail to the church or you can give online. Just go to urfellowship.com and click on 'Give'.
* We are the body of Christ! This is a beautiful time to shine in the darkness. Look for ways to serve and give in ways that you can see! For example, the Way Station is having an emergency food drive and is also accepting monetary donations for those who may really need it in the upcoming weeks. Maybe you send cards and letters to the elderly at nursing homes who are now unable to receive visitors. Or maybe lend a roll of toilet paper to your neighbor! Who knows! There are many ways to serve and love right now.
We're praying for you and the situation we're all facing at the moment. You all are so important to us. Again, if you have any questions, or concerns, or become ill and need help, please contact us at email@example.com. We'll leave for today with Romans 15:13. "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."